Becoming human… at all cost?
After more than a year of total reediting, which was made possible thanks to the salvage of hours long of damaged footage, I managed at last to complete my film the way I envisioned it.
The Droid was thus final-cut in January 2017, about a decade after principal photography took place (time does fly by, doesn’t it!).
What happens when a domestic droid, outfitted with a highly sophisticated personality chip makes a move to take his master hostage for his own good?
Told with offbeat humor by the droid itself, a story eminently human, about what’s good in men, about the quest of a machine and eventually about love and respect for mankind.
“The Droid’s unique mix of Sci-Fi and classical music is unlike ever seen before. Definite cult movie material“.
Lari Teräs, Toronto Int’l Spring of Horror & Fantasy FF.
“We had just over 700 submissions. Out of the 700, apprx 300 were features and docs. Out of the 350, only 23 features were chosen for the festival, which THE DROID was one of those 23 features chosen to screen at our 2018 festival. All films submitted to JDIFF are vetted through a 3 round process, and the top 5 scored films are sent to a separate jury to pick our top 3 nominees. I’m happy to say that THE DROID was in the top 5, but unfortunately just didn’t make the final 3 nominee cut. You should be proud to have been in the top 5 scored film…”
Susan Gorrell, Executive Director, Julien Dubuque International Film Festival.
- World Première (Official Selection) Toronto International Spring of Horror and Fantasy Festival on Sunday, April 9, 2017 – 4:00 PM
- Official Selection Silver Scream Film Fest (Dallas, Texas), May 26 – 28, 2017.
- Official Selection Fingal Film & Arts Festival Official Selection, 2pm Friday 11th Aug 2017 (Dublin, Ireland).
- Finalist 13Horror.com Film & Screenplay Contest November 15, 2017 (Hollywood, California).
- 2018 OFFICIAL SELECTION of the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival (JDIFF), April 26 – 29 (USA Iowa).